In Season Now - Bosch Flowers Hydrangeas
Let's Celebrate Hydrangeas!
In Season Now is a celebration of seasonal flower availability and encouraging consumers to select locally grown NZ flowers.
Fall in love with hydrangeas and celebrate a new ﬂower season with these carefully selected blooms. Hydrangeas are a densely petalled ﬂower and can create a soft and lush bouquet. Available from November to April, the acidity level in the soil determines which shaded hue you’ll receive. Pick up a bunch in pink, blue, white and vintage tones.
The word ‘hydrangea’ comes from a combination of the Greek word ‘hudro’ which means water and ‘angelon’ which means vessel/jar. Hydrangeas drink from the petals, as well as the stem! Give the petals a spray of water on top to keep them hydrated from top to bottom. Once these blooms begin to wilt, they also make beautiful dried ﬂowers. Just hang the ﬂowers upside down and leave in a dry place for two weeks – on-trend statement and as a memento for months to come.
How To Arrange and Care For Your Hydrangeas:
Hydrangeas can last up to 7+ days in vase with proper care. Follow these steps to ensure the best life span of your Hydrangeas.
- Fill a clean vase with cold water.
- Trim 1cm off the hydrangea foliage stems at an angled cut and arranged into the vase.
- Then trim 1cm off the hydrangea stems and arrange into the foliage.
- Trim 1cm off the limonium stems and arrange into the gaps between the flowers and foliage.
- Give a quick spritz of water to the hydrangeas to allow for the petals to drink.
- Place your arrangement in a cool space, avoiding direct sunlight, fruit bowls and hot rooms
To revive your hydrangeas, gently dip the head into cool water, trim 1cm off the stems every 2-3 days and change the water.